Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Sweetly-Odd Pennsylvania Meeting...

28 days ago Sandi and I were hanging out at Grandma Uchida's house in sunny and warm Honolulu, Hi talking story with Uncle Mel, Aunty Mary and Grandma Uchida. Last night I spent some time with Aunty Mary and her many cousins and aunt in Terre Hill, PA. Terre Hill is just 20 minutes south of where Sandi and I live in Reading.

It was all a bit surreal, considering I had just seen aunty Mary a short time ago...but in a much different and far away place. Unfortunately, Sandi was on call and could not attend because she had to work all night.=( It was a joy meet aunty Mary's cousins and aunt. It was a sweet reunion...not only because there was lots of ice cream and toppings, but because there was a reuniting of family members that had not seen each other in years...and in come cases, had never even met! Mahalo to Clyde and Carolyn for graciously opening up your home!











2 Comments:

Blogger milnuts said...

Say, I thought I saw the word "Lancaster" and I see that one of the women in the pictures is wearing a covering. Would that imply you have some Mennonite family members? Just curious.

11:07 AM

 
Blogger andrew said...

yes...that is correct! my uncle, born and raised in Honolulu, Hi. married a Mennonite girl from Ohio. She has family in Lancaster/Ephrata/New Holland...so that's why she was in Eastern PA.

9:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home