Saturday, October 25, 2008

God Knows...

Sandi and I are both blessed to have parents who love and care for us dearly. One of the many ways that their love is expressed to us is by the sending of care packages. Many care packages. Our moms have sharpened and honed the tetris-like skill of packing more than you could imagine into the medium-sized USPS flat rate box. This past week we received two flat rate boxes in the mail, one from Sandi's parents and one from my parents. We did not have any warning that these boxes were going to arrive. It was simply a pleasant surprise.

Sandi and I are also blessed to have a God who loves and cares for us. Philippians 4:19 says, "And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus." Sandi and I believe this because God has been and will always be faithful to do what He says he will do. Yet, on countless occasions, God has given us more than we need, and, so often, what we want as well. God has done this for us because He is good, not because we deserve to have all that we want.

And how does God know what we need and want? The first 6 verses of Psalm 139 say this:

O Lord, you have searched me and known me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, you know it altogether. You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high; I cannot attain it.


When Sandi got home and saw the unopened box from her parents, she suddenly remembered that she had wanted to e-mail her mom and ask her to send Diamond Cream Crackers and some white, sweet Li Hing Mui. Oh well... She said that she could wait until the next box. As we opened the box we were both amazed to find Diamond Cream Crackers and white Li Hing Mui among many other goodies! We were so humbled and grateful in that moment.

Two days later another unexpected box arrived, this time from my parents. "I was just craving your mom's energy bars today," Sandi mentioned. "Maybe she sent some!" Yup...you guessed it. There was a whole gallon-sized Zip-lok bag of energy bars! Once again, we were so overwhelmed and grateful to God for his goodness in blessing us through the kindness of our parents.

It doesn't always happen that we get whatever we want or ask God for, but so many times he will give more than what we need...and give us exactly what we want. He does this because He is so very good and kind, and there is nothing about us that he does not know.


6 Comments:

Blogger Bolo said...

Next time I go to the post office, I'll try not to slip up and ask for the "Jesus Boxes" when getting a flat-rate box.

10:43 PM

 
Blogger Audrey said...

God is so kind to provide even with our smallest cares and desires. What sweet parents you both have...So glad Sandi was able to get some goodies from back home=)

5:04 PM

 
Blogger Jona Minotto said...

awww. its so good to know that God does not let us out grow our moms and dads. they always seem to know what we want even when we don't ask.

6:57 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

mmmm....i know this is random but it makes me crave meat jun...

5:14 PM

 
Blogger mother said...

Hey Andrew - I just love the "tetris-like" comment. Very creative. Never quite thought of it like that. The Lord is so good@@. I love you, Mom

4:45 PM

 
Blogger Bolo said...

I know you've logged in and updated at least your profile at some point in the past year since your profile picture has changed. Hah! But still...no new post...

...I love it :)

10:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home